Friday, June 12, 2015

To New Beginnings...

I have always been the creative type, my mind just wonders and it doesn't stop. I find myself jumping from project to project but never really succeeding with one particular thing. Handbags to appliqued
onesies, jewelry, screen printed shirts, digital prints...you name it I wanted to create it.
Recently, I have been evaluating myself and really trying to dig deep and find out what would make me happy. I tend to stay on Instagram and Pinterest way to long overloading my brain with ideas and new ventures. I left the restaurant around 6 months ago and so much has happened, (details saved for another day!!) long story short, I ran out of money. I had to go back. I started to think about why I was failing yet again, and why I make so many excuses about why things don't work out. What it really was, was self confidence and maybe slight depression sometimes because you get so overwhelmed and don't know where to put your time, money and effort.  
Love this quote from TheInspiredRoom.net
So, I just kept plugging away at Etsy and lost the passion. I was growing bitter watching all of these Etsy sellers do better than me. Like it was a contest, not a business. It started to not be a fun marketplace to showcase your work. I was consumed with trying to sell things I knew how to make. I know how to screen-print, so I created tons of shirts with designs, truth is, I didn't even like 1/2 of them. I was just trying to sell, sell, sell and have as many products as possible on the site to compete with all of the other shops.
I lost what was important. I lost the love and passion for what I want to do.
After the Etsy realization and one really hurtful review. I was back at the restaurant feeling a little defeated but a bit relieved. I would start making money again and have time to focus on what is going to make me happy. This is my journey to the pursuit of my own happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment